NikoOnline.com

Official NIKO Forum
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: What is the story behind your song "The Exodus"?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:05 am 
Site Admin

Much of the inspiration, story, and emotion behind The Exodus is linked to Turkey. When my grandfather was a small child, he and his family had to flee from Turkey. It was in the early 1900's. In a single night without any notice, they fled for their lives, leaving everything behind. The Turks were at war with the Greeks. And then in the 40's during WWII, my grandfather and his family of 8 children (including my father) fled from Samos (via Turkey) into Egypt and lived there in a tent in a refugee camp for several years. This song is the story of so many - a story of survival, war, strategy, determination, hope, and faith. It is primal, aggressive, and defiant for all of those reasons.

A year and a half in the making, I spent over 700 hours working on The Exodus. There are 150 vocal tracks. One night I said to myself, “I want to compose a song that has a men’s choir…â€

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]